Alice Spitz is a Member of the firm and a trial attorney with more than 25 years of experience trying cases to verdict. Her areas of concentration are premises liability, construction, environmental litigation and vehicle accidents.
Ms. Spitz lectures extensively on trial techniques and insurance defense, providing insight into dozens of areas – from admissible expert testimony, to ways to critically assess a damages claim – for the benefit of her clients, insurance claims professionals, other attorneys, and even law students.
Ms. Spitz is a past president of the Harmonie Group, an international network of independent law firms whose members defend lawsuits and try cases as part of the broad array of high-quality legal services they provide to corporations, insurance carriers, captive insurance companies, risk retention groups, purchasing groups and third-party administrators. At the invitation of her peers, Alice has been elected to membership into the American Board of Trial Advocates and the International Association of Defense Counsel. She has also earned an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest peer review rating, based on legal ability and ethical standards.
Get in Touch
- 1983, New York State Court
- 1983, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- 1985, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- 2011, U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- 2019, U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- University of Maryland, B.A.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.